MMB – With weather like this….
Good morning everyone,
Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and celebrated this marvelous weather! Great work to everyone who came to the 4th Fit For Change Challenge on Saturday! For this Challenge, it was all about drills, skills, and running! There were six stations that encompassed a variety of whole body strength, core, and agility exercises, followed by a 1-2 minute run. You guys rocked it and are continuing to improve week over week! Let’s keep the momentum going!
Congratulations on hard work and sweat equity!
Here are the results from Saturday’s Challenge:
1st- Ken Vieira – 31:57
2nd- Joanne Vieira – 33:51
3 way tie – Lisa Dillon, Andrea Hasty, Wendy McHugh – 34:37
4th – Bob Allan, Andrew Allan, Ryan Allan
1st – Kathy Schalin – 16:16
2nd – Debbie Robison – 16:23
3rd – Christy Stevens – 17:12
4th – Kathleen Jacobs – 17:24
5th – Erin Campbell – 17:27
6th – Cliff Donnelly, Marcey Donnelly, Nancy Bircher, Clare Borges – 18:45
Announcements and Reminders:
- Fit For Change Challenge – now through February 17th. 2 more Challenges to go! If you weighed in, now is the time to be laser focused on clean nutrition and portion control. Let’s find out who the biggest reducers will be!
- Cardio Core on Tuesday – Currently, I have 2 spots available for the 5:45 60 minute class and 3 spots available for the 7:35pm. Please text me if you’d like to join in the fitness fun!
- Next Running Boot Camp is Sunday, February 25th at 11am. Mark your calendars and let’s have some running fitness fun together! For beginners and intermediates. Drop in cost is $15 or a prepaid card.
- New Recipes – Check out my recipes page. I added a spring pasta dish and a raw chocolate chia pudding recipe. Yum!
Thought for the week: With weather like this….it’s scandalous not to get outside and move!
It’s times like these that we MUST celebrate living in California. Honestly, we could be knee deep in snow and dreaming about wearing shorts and tank tops in 4-5 months. What’s wonderful about our weather right now is that it’s perfect for fitness – anywhere from the mid-60’s to low 70’s. So, what I’m saying is….grab your running shoes and get out and move! Don’t overthink your fitness guys. If you aren’t really a runner, that’s o.k. Get your power walking groove on and head to the park or trails. So, how can you change it up? You know those benches you pass by as you are walking? Wow, do you know what those are? They are free fitness stations sitting there just for you! LOL!
- Do a 5 minute warm up with dynamic stretches – like the typical Jen warm-up.
- Power walk for 5 minutes and find a curb or a bench. Do – 10-20 incline push-ups and step-ups for 30 sec to 1 minute – depending on your fitness level.
- Power walk for 5 minutes and find a curb or a bench. Repeat push-ups and step-ups.
- Power walk for 5 minutes and find a curb or a bench. Do-10-20 tricep dips or push-ups at the end of the bench. Do single leg step-ups bringing your knee up and then back down again. Do 30 seconds one leg, then switch. These are booty and hamstring burners!
- Power walk for 5 minutes and find a curb or bench. Repeat tricep dips or push-ups and single leg step-ups.
- Power walk for 5 minutes and stop for a chair pose – 30 sec. to 1 minute. Go into a squatting stork – a single leg warrior while squatting up and down on 1 leg. Do 30 sec. 1 leg, then switch.
- Finish your walk with a cool down and stretching. This should take you 45 minutes to an hour.
Short on time? Power walk for 2-3 minutes and do 1 set of exercises instead of 2. This should shorten the time and give you a quick work out about 20 -25 minutes.
Have a great week and I’ll see you in class soon!