MMB – While There are Many Things We Can’t Control……
Good morning everyone!
I hope you had a joy filled weekend celebrating Easter with your friends and family! Certainly, this was one of the more weird and unique holidays we’ve all experienced in a while! Who knew we would all be using Zoom to connect with our families over a holiday meal this Easter? Even though our circumstances are not ideal right now, there are many places that you can look around in your life and find blessings surrounding you. I think as Americans, we take things like food, shelter, running toilets, hot showers, and our warm cozy beds at night for granted.
While it’s true many of us might be facing financial challenges, we all have the provisions mentioned above and because of this, we are considered wealthy compared to the rest of the world. Things are hard right now – no doubt about it. But, let’s remember how we are blessed in an abundance of ways all around us. Our attitude about our provisions will color and shape our thinking and behaviors as we head into this week. Let’s be a people filled with hope and faith that we will ultimately triumph over these challenging circumstances during this Covid-19 Pandemic. Let’s pray that life will be a little sweeter and more meaningful when we arise again. Hugs will be hugs of a deeper embrace and social gatherings will bring a greater joy to all of us. Until then, keep the faith my friends. There are many things that we cannot control, but how we think, behave, and live, are all things within our grasp that we have free will over.
Choose to smile today at a stranger. Give someone a nod and a wave as you walk by them on the street. Send texts or e-mails of encouragement to someone who may need it. Think of the elderly in your lives who may be feeling isolated and lonely. We might not be able to change the world, but we can impact the people who God has placed in our lives and choose to bring joy to someone by a simple act of kindness. The little things we do produce great dividends! Don’t look back on this difficult time and be filled with regret that you didn’t do more. Today is a brand new day and a brand new week. Let’s rise up together and be hope givers and not hope robbers. Whatever crossroads you face today, I pray that you will find joy in rediscovering the blessings around you and that you will choose to brighten someone else’s day who needs hope and encouragement!
Prayer Need: Some of you may know that our dear friend, Lynnda Philbrook, took a bad fall over the weekend doing some work on her property. She fractured her radius bone in her wrist in four places. She was admitted to San Ramon Regional on Saturday and had surgery yesterday at 9am. They placed a steel plate in her wrist. She is now home resting and recovering and is in some pain. Please pray for Lynnda that she would heal quickly and be back to functioning soon. A huge thank you to Erin Campbell who will be sending flowers to Lynnda on behalf of all of us!
Announcements and Reminders:
- Morning Classes are Here! Starting this week, there are now morning classes called Cardio Blend on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8am to 8:45am. You can attend Jen Allan Fitness classes 5 days per week! Mon 8am, Tues 6pm, Wed 8am, Thurs 6pm, Sat 7:30am!
- New Gliding Disc Tips Video! Looking for ideas for your home work out with gliding discs or paper plates? Check out my new video!https://youtu.be/1jZ9eBXEzgM
- If you missed my announcement from YouTube, here is the video about my morning classes: https://youtu.be/Qwpj8pj6D7g
- Personal Training: If you are interested in personal training, please contact me to arrange for a Zoom meeting or outside training on my sidewalk in front of my house!
- 3 Home Tips for Exercising YouTube video from Carrie and Jen! Check out this video that Carrie Leonardini and I made last week. Carrie is a fellow trainer in town and the two of us had a zoom meeting discuss how you can make your home work outs safer. https://youtu.be/476evH4mYFo
Looking forward to seeing you in class or personal training soon! We are in this thing together my friends!
Let’s be fitness and health minded more than ever!