MMB – Merry Christmas!
It’s Christmas Eve and I’m sitting down to write this blog in a bit of disbelief that tomorrow is Christmas. Since I’m hosting Christmas dinner, like all of you, I have a ton of things to do today to prepare for Christmas. Somehow and some way, we always make the “magic” happen because that’s what parents do! With all the distractions of the “busy work”, my mind is also pondering the birth of our Savior and the unimaginable sacrifice that our Lord made for us. To imagine that God came to us as a vulnerable baby 2,000 years ago, is an overwhelming thought to take in. Yet, this is what happened and it’s because of His birth that we celebrate Christmas. In my heart, I sincerely want to extend a very Merry Christmas to you, and pray that you too can take in the miracle of His birth and the hope that only He can give us.
Yesterday was the Christmas Boot Camp and Brunch, and it was a lovely turn out of families, who came out to celebrate their health together! Included in this group, was my own family with my husband Bob, and sons, Andrew and Ryan. Wow, that was my Christmas present and I couldn’t be more thrilled! It was so wonderful seeing all of the kids trying to figure out the array of different exercises and trying their best to keep up with the adults! They did really well and I think there are some future boot campers in the mix! How awesome is that!? As for the adults, you guys rocked it! Well done gang!
A HUGE thank you to all of you who contributed gifts and gift cards, especially the Apple iPod cards! Oh my goodness, there are no words to express my gratitude and thankfulness to such a wonderful and loving fitness community. I know I say this often, but I really do believe that I serve the best fitness community in all of the Tri Valley! It really is very difficult for me to think of you guys as my clients, because I really see you more like my extended family. When I train and motivate you guys to put in the hard work, know that it’s coming from a place of love for you because I sincerely want the very best life has to offer you.
Let’s kick off 2018 with a renewed spark of energy, inspiration, and a commitment to living a whole healthy life that is rounded out with solid nutrition, focused fitness, and an attitude of gratitude. Let’s do this together!
Announcements and Reminders:
- There will be NO Classed on 12/26 & 12/28. Boot Camp resumes 12/30.
- December Class Card Specials! For the month of December, any class card you purchase for yourself will be 10% off. If you want to purchase a class card as a gift for someone else who is new to Jen Allan Fitness, then I’m offering a 20% discount! This is a great opportunity to reach out to a friend or loved one who may need a little encouragement to get started in a fitness program. Buy your friend a gift card and offer to pick them up and take them to class! We have such a welcoming and positive group of people, I know they will be inspired and touched by your generosity. NOTE: If you have purchased a card in the past few days, I’m happy to honor the discount the next time you purchase a card.
- December Contest – Christmas Temptations Conquered! Like I’ve been saying, there is temptation all around us this month and I know you guys have worked so hard in your work outs, clean eating, and being focused and disciplined on wellness. So, as a little incentive for this month, every time you walk away from a sweet treat or say no to a Mocha Frappaccino, record it in your phone. When you come to class, I’ll have a little box with note cards and you can jot down the moment that you conquered temptation. On December 30th, I’ll have a drawing for a free class card! Let’s conquer those sugar cravings together and feel great walking into January!
- New Year’s Day Running Boot Camp! What better way to kick off the holiday than with a Running Boot Camp! Class will be at 11am. For beginners and intermediates. Cost is a one hour prepaid card or $15 for drop-in.
- Cardio Fusion Class Time Changes – Beginning Thursday, January 4th, Cardio Fusion will begin at 5:45pm and Beginning Cardio Fusion will begin at 6:55pm. Classes are held at VBC.
- Special New Class Offering! Nutrition Happenings and Samplings! – January is a great time to detox from all of the holiday sugar and reset your gut. So, to kick off the New Year, I’ll be hosting a nutrition class in my home that will take you on a journey of nutritional delights beginning with breakfast and ending with dinner. In my kitchen, you’ll be tasting a variety of delicious food samples that are plant based and you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how to combine heart healthy fats, proteins, and carbohydrates into your meal planning for you and your family. This 90-minute class will be offered on January 7th from 1pm to 2:30pm at my home. Cost is $35. A minimum of 6 people is required with a maximum of 10 people. Please contact me if you’d like to sign up! I’m excited to cook for you and share some of my favorite recipes and healthy nutrition tips that will energize you for the New Year! Do I look excited!? Yes, I am!
Photos from Christmas Boot Camp and Brunch 2017!