MMB – May Happenings!
Good morning everyone!
May is here and we are keeping our fingers crossed that the shelter-in-place will be released by the end of this month. Until then, we will keep bringing our best efforts in regard to exercise, nutrition, discipline, and keepin’ it positive and joy filled! Yes, all of these things require work and dedication, but imagine what our mental state would be like if we weren’t putting the extra work in? In a sea of uncertainty and confusion, let’s be anchored in what we can do well and give others hope while we are doing it!
Speaking of May, it’s Challenge month! There are two Challenges for you to participate in and I hope you all give them a try! I’ll re-post below what the Challenges are, but one is nutrition centered and the other is tracking cardio minutes. Whoever tracks the most fruits and veggies and/or cardio at the end of the month will win a $50 card. There’s one available for each Challenge, so let’s do this!
Challenge #1: Nutrition
For this Challenge, log all of your fruits and veggies that you take in on a daily basis. To simply, please use 1 cup of fruits or veggies as 1 serving. 1 apple would = 1 serving. One cup of steamed broccoli would = 1 serving. 8oz of green juice = 1 serving. You can keep track in a fitness tracker but you’ll need to share the log with me so that I can see it at the end of the month. The person who has logged the most fruits and veggies at the end of the month will win a $50 class card! Feel free to take pictures and send to me so I can post on the blog!
Challenge #2: Cardio Tracking
For this Challenge, log all of your cardio fitness minutes that you do every day. Mix it up! If you ride a bike for 45 minutes, log it! If you go out for a 5 mile run, log it! If you power walk for 30 minutes, log it! Do my classes count, yes! If you hike the ridge and your heart rate is up, log it! Please keep track on a log or fitness tracker so I can review it at the end of the month. The person who has logged the most cardio minutes in 1 month will win a $50 class card! Feel free to take pictures and send to me so I can post on the blog!
Announcements and Reminders:
- On-Line Classes are Available 5 Days a Week Through Zoom!
- Cardio Blend – Monday 8am (Barre, gliding, core, lower impact)
- Cardio Core – Tuesday 6pm (Stength training, balance, cardio circuits, core)
- Cardio Blend – Wednesday 8am (Barre, gliding, core, lower impact)
- Cardio Fusion – Thursday 6pm (HIIT, cardio kick boxing, Med ball, Tabata, strength training)
- Boot Camp – Saturday 8am (Athletic style circuits, agility ladder, HIIT, strength training, core)
If you’d like to join a class, text Jen, “Zoom & date of class” and a link will be sent out! There are 4 formats available, so checkout all 4! Remember, when you refer a friend, you get a free class and they get a free trial!
2. Personal Training Available Outside or Through Zoom! Contact Jen to learn more about personal training packages and how to get started to focus in on your goals!
3. Curbside Small Group Fitness is Available – SOCIAL DISTANCING If you have some neighbors or friends who would like to have a Jen Allan Fitness class, Jen will bring class to you outside! Ideally, a court or non-busy neighborhood street would work best. A safe distance will strictly adhered to. A minimum of 4 people is required to book this class and a max of 10 people. Cost is $20 or (2) pre-paid card classes. Please contact Jen if you’d like to book a class!
4. Nutrition Check-in and Goal Setting through Zoom. If you are off track in your nutrition and you need some help getting back on track, Jen will guide and coach you one-on-one through Zoom. Cost is $40 – 30 minutes, $55 – 45 minutes, $70 – 60 minutes.
5. Tubing for On-Line Class. Try to find some kind of tubing out there. It doesn’t need to be a figure 8 band. Let me know if you are having trouble finding some.
Thought for the week: Better Days are Ahead!
No doubt about it – it’s tough right now. All it takes is to listen to the news and realize how many millions of hardships are happening right now. I won’t list every difficulty I can think of because quite honestly, there are too many to mention and I don’t want to bum everyone out further. However, I believe we all have an opportunity to dig the deepest we’ve ever dug into our pockets of positivity. We must see these challenging circumstances as the glass is half full. While there is so much heartache around us, there’s also good! I love the fact that so many families are able to spend more time together. We’ll never have a time like this again where so many people have an abundance of extra time to connect and bond.
I’ve been hearing stories that fitness equipment is extremely difficult to purchase because people are buying it all up and are actually using it! Hooray! That’s good news! I also love seeing so many people out walking every day and spending time together outside. I believe we are all living in a mindset that, “less is more” and are appreciating the small joys of life more so than ever. This is a good thing, right?
Of course, it’s also an opportunistic time to reconnect with your faith and get your life right with God. In a world full of uncertainty, confusion, and hazy truths, perhaps now is the time to see that God is more real than ever and could be using all of this to get our attention. During times like these, I think of a verse from Isaiah 41:10 that tells us, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” If you are struggling and are filled with fear and anxiety, I pray that you will find comfort in this verse and will have a renewed sense of hope that you are not alone and that the Lord will protect you.
When you speak with friends or family members, keep encouraging one another that we will get through this and we will all be stronger when we land on the other side of this Pandemic. I am choosing to believe that we will be a more grateful and thankful people. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could all slow down a bit more and not miss out on the important things of life like spending quality time together as a family? When we leave this earth, we aren’t takin’ our stuff with us! The love we share and the relationships we cultivate are the things we take with us. So, let’s pour into these things now! Make the most of the time you have with each other while you have it. We aren’t promised a tomorrow gang! Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could really live life like every day is our last!
Let’s keep fighting the good fight my friends! I am excited that I have the opportunity to be a small part of your life in the arena of health, fitness, and nutrition! Thank you so much for being a part of my community. You all mean the world to me.
See you in class soon!