MMB – May Goals Contest
Happy Monday to you! How is everyone doing out there? Isn’t May a crazy month? It seems that everyone I speak with is commenting on how crazy busy their lives are right now. I know it can be harder to carve out time for work outs when the pace of life is focused around end of school year activities, ramped up sports commitments, and graduations around the corner. Keeping up with the demands of our jobs, long commutes, and family and household commitments are all increasing this time of year too.
In reflecting on this pace of life for so many of us, this is when the magic of a 30-minute fitness program works the best. If done right, a 30-minute program can leave you dripping sweat with your heart rate up and every muscle in your body worked properly to fatigue. The other aspect of 30-minute training is that it’s sustainable. It’s much easier to wrap your brain around committing to a 30-minute work out than thinking of an hour, when you have drive time on both ends. If you have more time in your schedule over the weekend or at a different point in the week, then you can weave in a longer work out session to increase endurance. The bottom line is that if you only have 30-minutes of time to give for your work out, you can absolutely see progress by committing to three days a week for 30 minutes.
So, if you are struggling right now in finding time to exercise, reach out to me and let’s discuss a personal training program or try one of my 30 minute classes during the week. Any time you carve out for exercise is time poured into you and your health!
Announcements and Reminders:
- Cardio Core is Tonight at Jen’s Studio (NOT TUESDAY) I have space available in three classes tonight: 5:45pm to 6:45pm, 6:55pm to 7:25pm and 7:35pm to 8:05pm. Please e-mail or text me if you’d like to join in!
- Cardio Fusion is Thursday night at VBC – 5:45pm to 6:45pm. 6:55pm to 7:25pm ( minimum three people required for 30 minute class)
- Spring Fitness Challenge – 2 more classes to go on Saturdays 5/11 & 5/18! Let’s make it count and carve out time for the last two Challenge Boot Camps! Saturday mornings 7am to 8am and 8:05am to 8:35am! 5/18 will be weigh in Saturday!
- May Goals Contest – For this month, I want to challenge you to try something new in the realm of fitness and nutrition. We are all creatures of habit and can get stuck in a rut and keep doing the same things over and over again. I want you to think of something that you’ve always wanted to try or have been curious about and make it happen this month! I’ll have a Goals box for you to write down a goal that you have had and COMPLETED! I’d also like a few sentences about why you chose your goal and what it was like for you to complete your goal. The winner will receive either 2 personal training sessions with me for 30 minutes or an $80 class card. Need some ideas?
- Here are a few ideas:
- Hike a new location and/or try hiking for a longer period of time with more challenging terrain. Think of Pinnacles National Park or Mt. Diablo?
- Try a water sport like paddle boarding, kayaking, or canoeing. How about a white water river rafting trip?
- Try mountain biking – look for beginner course if you are new
- Commit to a walking club with friends once a week.
- Try a vegetarian restaurant or try doing green juice detox for 3 days
- Try living off homemade food for an entire week without going out.
- Here are a few ideas:
- Kid Fit for Summer? If you are interested in a Kid Fit program for your kids this summer, please reach out to me and let me know. Historically, I have offered Kid Fit and Moms’ Fit Club on Monday mornings, but I am choosing to free up Mondays for my own kids so that we can have free time to enjoy summer with more hiking, beach trips, play dates etc. I love, love, love training, but I need to make sure and create balance for my own family’s needs too. So, I am contemplating offering a Kid Fit program on a different day of the week and was thinking about doing it on a Wednesday or Friday morning around 9:30am? If there is further interest, I could also offer a park work out for the parents too!? I am here to serve you guys and summer is such a wonderful time to get outside and move our bodies! Let’s get our kids moving too!