MMB – It’s Thankfulness Time!
I hope you are walking into your Monday feeling refreshed and energized! It was nice to have daylight early this morning! Of course, it also means darker afternoons 🙁 Great job to everyone who was able to make it out to classes this past week! It’s awesome to see some new faces in class, so thank you for reaching out and spreading the fitness love to your friends out there! This time of year launches us into the holidays, so let’s manage the season with consistent work outs, clean eating, and extra rest where needed so we don’t get sick! 🙂
Announcements and Reminders:
1) Cardio Core is at Jen’s Studio this Tuesday! Classes are 5:45pm to 6:30pm, 6:40pm to 7:25pm & 7:35pm to 8:20pm. Please e-mail or text which class you’d like to sign up for. I can accommodate a maximum of six people per class, so sign-ups this time of year are really important. If you are signed up for class and have to cancel last minute, I will need to charge a class on your pre-paid card. Thanks for your understanding on this 🙂
2) Park Fitness Thursday at 8:30am! Come out and join us for a 45 minute class field trip to the park. All levels are welcomed. Bring a friend and shake things up mid-week! Please let me know if you’d like to join in! Drop in cost is $15.
3) Cardio Fusion is at VBC this Thursday! Class times are 5:45pm to 6:30pm & 6:40pm to 7:25pm. I need three people to run a class, or I may combine classes and offer one time, depending on what works best for everyone.
4) Boot Camp Updates: Regular Boot Camp is this Saturday & Thankfulness Boot Camp is on Sat. Nov. 16th at 7:30am! Please note that I will not be doing Thanksgiving Boot Camp on Thanksgiving this year because I will be on vacation.
5) Jen will be away on vacation from Friday, November 22nd through Friday, November 29th, so there will be NO personal training or classes. There will be a Thanksgiving work out Challenge and homework for you to do if you choose! I’ll post it on my blog and e-mail it out to everyone.
6) Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan’s Purse! VBC is the collection center for the Tri-Valley. Want to have an amazing experience with your kids this Christmas? Awesome! Then head out to the store with your kids, along with a list of things to pack a shoebox with and go shopping to bless a child! I have labels for you to use along with instructions. Cost is $9 to cover shipping. I highly encourage you to join in this big hearted event that will bless someone tremendously. Giving is WAY better than receiving and it will show God’s love 🙂 Boxes are due in a couple of weeks.
Thought for the week: It’s Thankfulness Time!
Your health is a gift. I know that many of us reading this are mindful of this truth because of how we spend our time. We shop for fresh foods often, make homemade meals, carve out time for work outs, and don’t abuse our bodies with harmful substances. If you were to ask a person who has a disease or is unable to function normally if health is a gift, they would most assuredly tell you that health is a gift and to not take it for granted.
I love the month of November because there is a theme of thankfulness that permeates our thinking, our shopping, and our eating! Being healthy is hard work. It takes time and dedication to do the things that aren’t necessarily fun. For example, it’s more fun to eat out at a restaurant than it is to buy fresh ingredients and make a homemade meal where there are chores attached to every aspect of cooking at home. You know what I mean – the dishes and clean up right? It’s more fun to watch your favorite show than it is to head out the door at night and attend a fitness class where you have to work hard and sweat!
But, imagine life if we didn’t do all these little things that defined our health. What if we stopped exercising? What if we ate all of the foods that make us happy and are pleasurable to eat? It wouldn’t take long for things to start breaking down in your body. Without strengthening your muscles, focusing on flexibility, and working on your core, your body would become weak and it would be harder for you to move. Have I mentioned that mobility is life? I feel very strongly about this. The more we move, the more we live. The less we move, the less we love. Period.
So, I encourage you to put the hard work into your health and focus on the things that are important to you in your life. Because, the things that are important for you in your life are the things you need your energy and capability for. This is why we move and this is why we focus on clean eating. Let’s be thankful for the blessings in our lives and show the respect for these things by rising up and doing the things that most people don’t want to do. Yes, it’s hard in the moment to exercise or to say NO to that sweet treat coming your way, but the payback is tenfold in how you will be able to live your life and do the things that are important to you. By the way, loving people takes energy. Relationships take energy. Serving one another takes energy. Let’s be thankful for our bodies and for our health. Do the best you can every single day to make the right decisions that will help you live the fullest life you are meant to live NOW.
We are in this thing together guys!