MMB – It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like……..
Good morning everyone!
I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family and friends! I love seeing all of the “Friendsgiving” gatherings out there too! I had a lovely week of vacation in Texas, but I’m anxious to get back training you guys! Are you ready too? Good! Let’s do it!
So, how did you all do through the Thanksgiving holiday? Was it tough? Did you indulge? Did you move? So, here’s the scoop. Whatever happened or didn’t happen…..is done. Thanksgiving is over and today is a new today to reset and tap back into your goals of healthy eating and moving. If you fell off the “foodie” wagon big time, please don’t beat yourself up!
Since it’s Monday, begin your day with a big glass of water to begin detoxing, and go to the store to buy fresh veggies, greens, broths, fruits, and probiotic foods that will help your gut get healthy again. Grab some cold pressed green juice, some Kombucha, and low sugar yogurts or kefir (non-dairy preferably). And for crying out loud, do not eat cookies or sweats right now! It’s not forever. Take this week and focus on super clean eating so you can enjoy yourself at a holiday function this weekend or next. Make sense? We gotta have balance guys and not every day can be a party!
Also, don’t forget the detox drink of water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper! I know, it’s kind of nasty going down, but your body and digestion will thank you!
Announcements and Reminders:
1) Cardio Core is at Jen’s Studio this Tuesday! Classes are 5:45pm to 6:30pm, 6:40pm to 7:25pm is FULL, & 7:35pm to 8:20pm. Please e-mail or text which class you’d like to sign up for – either 5:45pm or 7:35pm. I can accommodate a maximum of six people per class, so sign-ups this time of year are really important. If you are signed up for class and have to cancel last minute, I will need to charge a class on your pre-paid card. Thanks for your understanding on this 🙂
2) Park Fitness Thursday at 8:30am! Come out and join us for a 45 minute class field trip to the park. All levels are welcomed. Bring a friend and shake things up mid-week! Please let me know if you’d like to join in! Drop in cost is $15.
3) Cardio Fusion is at VBC this Thursday! Class times are 5:45pm to 6:30pm & 6:40pm to 7:25pm. I need three people to run a class, or I may combine classes and offer one time, depending on what works best for everyone. Please text or e-mail if you are planning on coming.
4) Christmas Boot Camp and Brunch is coming Saturday, December 21st! Mark 12/21 on your calendar for a special Christmas Boot Camp and Brunch! Come work hard, sweat a ton, burn up some calories, and let’s enjoy a special brunch together after boot camp! Brunch will be right after boot camp and will last up to an hour.
Thought for the week: It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like…..
The rest of the quote you probably know from the song, but I want you to finish the rest of it. What is your Christmas beginning to look like? Are you already filled with stress and are feeling suffocated by the long list of “to-do’s” and trying to manage it all with your calendar? Or, are you easing into December and are feeling rested and ready to go? For those of you who have been super committed to your health and fitness these last several months, can you see a difference in your stamina and attitude as you go through every day life? Was the battle worth it? You know the battle I’m talking about right? The mental battle we all face every day to say the hell with all of this healthy eating business and working out. It’s WAY more fun to indulge wherever and whenever we want to. Yeah, it’s fun…..at least temporarily. How does it feel when we feel sluggish and bogged down with digestive issues and bloat? How does it feel when we try to put our favorite pair of jeans on and they barely fit? Or, how does it feel when we are on a hike and we are huffing and puffing the entire way because we are so out of shape and can’t enjoy the beauty of the hike, but instead are hoping and praying that it ends soon so that you can breathe?
I am hoping that your Christmas season is beginning to look a lot like…..the beauty of commitment to healthier living! I pray that you feel invigorated and energized as you take Christmas on one day at a time. Be a person who smiles more and has the extra energy to ask another person how they are doing and really mean it. I pray that you have the energy to invite friends over and bless them with the comfort of your home and a simple meal together. Reach out to someone you know is going through a rough time and ask them out for coffee so you can check in with them. Maybe no one else has and they feel alone. Be the person who has extra energy to reach out because you can!
What do all of these things have in common? You need energy and stamina to give and serve! If you are exhausted all the time, you are living in survival mode and can’t do all of the extra stuff you’d like to do because you don’t have the energy to do it. How do we obtain all of this extra energy and ability? You take it one day at a time and do these things as often as you can:
1) Exercise at least three times a week and make it count. This means getting your heart rate up, breaking a sweat, and taking care of compound resistance, core, balance, and flexibility.
2) Put mother nature’s best into your mouth. The food that you eat should be living. If you rely on processed foods, take-out, or restaurants, you are taking in way more salt, sugar, fats, and fillers that are sabotaging your taste buds, gut health, and waist line. Take your budget and head to the store to buy fresh and alive ingredients that need to be prepared at home. This will mean that you need to put effort into preparing more meals at home.
3) Hydrate-hydrate-hydrate. What color is your pee? Enough said. Drink more water.
4) Hit the sack no later than 10pm. Rest is king and rest is repair.
5) Tap into your passions. What gets your fired up? What do you absolutely love doing? When is the last time that you did that thing? Carve out time for your passions because this will fuel you to put the hard work in the other areas so you’ll feel great doing the thing you love!
6) Serve more than you receive. Do you want to be a happy joy filled person as you age? Focus way less on yourself and pour your energy and talents into other people. Some of the grumpiest people I know are people who have retired and don’t have a purpose.
7) Get your vertical alignment right. Yes, this means tapping into God and for some of you, this might be uncomfortable. Maybe it’s time to get uncomfortable because you are longing to find the meaning of life and your place in it. Get your life right with God, love your family hard, and serve with all you’ve got. Believe me, this will bear great fruit in your life and will impact all the people around you in your sphere of influence. If you’d like to check out church at Valley Bible, I’d be happy to tell your more or go with you one Sunday. We have Christmas Eve services at 4pm and 6pm and they are awesome!!
Let’s make this Christmas the best ever and focus on self care with proper rest, nutrition, and exercise, so we can be fueled and energized to be the person we were meant to be. Let’s take our eyes off ourselves and focus instead on the baby in the manger who came and roamed among us 2,000 years ago.
You guys rock and I’m blessed to be doing life and fitness with you!