MMB – How’s Your January Looking?
Good morning everyone!
I hope you are all doing well and feeling energized out there! Excellent job to everyone who made it out to classes this past week! January is off to a rockin’ start and I LOVE seeing the commitment and hard work you are all putting into your work outs and clean eating! Admit it – you are feeling better right? This fitness and nutrition stuff really works! 🙂
Announcements and Reminders:
- Tuesday – Cardio Core at Jen’s Studio: 5:45pm class is full 6:55pm class has 2 spots open 7:35pm class has 3 spots open. Please text or e-mail me to sign up!
- Thursday – Cardio Fusion is CX due to a family commitment.
- Saturday – 3rd Winter Fitness Challenge! Come out and be inspired, motivated, and let’s burn up hundreds of calories and shed fat!
- Trader Joe’s Shopping and Nutrition Classes 1/28 & 2/4 7pm 4 people minimum required. Cost is $35. See Jen to sign up!
Winter Fitness Challenge for 1/19
Davies’ Test Winners
1st place – Joanne Vieira 125
2nd place – Christy Stevens 123
3rd place – Bernadette Calvo 117
Honorable Mention – Erin Campbell 113
Push-Ups 1 minute
1st place – Joanne Vieira 75
2nd place – Melissa Judge – 69
3rd place – Bernadette Calvo – 65
Honorable Mention – Debbie Robison 55 & Erin Campbell 51
Sit-Ups 1 minute
1st place – Bernadette Calvo – 43
2nd place – Erin Campbell – 36
3rd place – Janeen Wheeler – 31
Honorable Mention – Joanne Vieira 25 & Ken Vieira 22
Awesome job everyone! Let’s keep up the great work and compare our stats in the next few weeks to find out how much stronger you are!
Pictures from Saturday’s Challenge:
Thought for the week: How’s Your January?
O.k. gang, it’s check in time. How are you all doing? Are you still on the clean eating and detox wagon or has the wind left your sails? Or, perhaps you never started clean eating after the holidays? Never fear, it’s not too late to start!
I think it’s important for you to ask yourself how do you feel? Do you feel like crap? Are you exhausted and dragging throughout the day? Do you have mental fog? Do you have bloat and gas issues? Does your body feel heavy and sluggish?
If you have any of these symptoms, your body is giving you plenty of warning signs that things are off balance. When we are getting proper rest, nutrition, and active and intense bouts of exercise throughout the week, you should be feeling youthful, energized, and very capable. Generally speaking, your mood should also be more positive and uplifted due to those wonderful endorphins that are released into your body from exercise.
So, if you are off-kilter and aren’t feeling your best, let’s change things up and help you to feel and look your best so you can take on life and live life to your fullest potential!
- Sleep is King! If you are burning the midnight oil, you aren’t doing yourself any favors. You are robbing yourself of those important hours you need for rest and cellular repair in your body. You are also not giving yourself enough time to go into deep REM. There’s also a ton of research on how weight gain is tied to not getting enough sleep and how our sleep hormones are disrupted. This becomes a vicious cycle and is tough to break. Aim for hitting the sack around 10pm. You may have to change some things up in your lifestyle. Don’t watch revved up shows that are highly stimulating. Limit screen time because the type of light coming off of your computer screen tells your brain it’s daylight and time to be energized and awake! Try drinking a hot herbal tea, reading a good book, and/or taking a hot bath or shower before going to bed.
- How’s your gut health? Make sure you are eating enough prebiotic foods and probiotic foods. Prebiotic foods are your green leafies and veggies that are highly alkaline. These foods create an environment in your gut that allows your gut flora to flourish. Eat probiotic foods to replenish your supply of good bacteria so you have ample forces to defeat the enemy of bad bacteria! The more sugary and processed foods you consume, the more toxic of an environment for your good bacteria. Capiche?
- Feeling tired? Sometimes when we are tired, it’s actually because we are dehyrated. Make sure you are getting enough fluid in your diet everyday. A good way to check is to look at your urine for color and smell. We want to see a pale yellow and low odor 🙂 Mix up your liquids so you don’t get bored! Herbal teas, lemon water, kombucha, coconut water etc.
- Make sure you are getting enough quality nutrients in your food. When you hit the wall at 3pm, don’t reach for a cookie or empty calorie snack. Think protein and living food. Think of the rainbow and the colors that should be in your foods. Ideas: An apple and a small handful of nuts would be idea. Chopped veggies and hummus. Good quality seed cracker with a little bit of tuna. Homemade protein bars. Chia seed pudding. In a pinch -1/2 RX bars or Kind Bars.
- Are you bringing your best into your work outs? I know many of us do 30 minute fitness. And, this time commitment can absolutely work, but there are rules. If you are going to exercise for 30 minutes, it must be with focus and bouts of intensity. You must get your heart rate up, get to the point of sweat, and feel like you are kind of “dying” at a couple of points. You know what I mean when I say “dying” right? LOL! Super hard!!
I hope this helps guys! Let’s do this thing!
See you in class soon!