MMB – Fitness & Holiday Happenings
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and found ways to move despite the poor air quality. Excellent work to all of the boot campers who were able to make it out this past Saturday to the last Challenge! Once again, I am so thankful for the space at Valley Bible Church, as we were able to hold the entire Boot Camp Challenge inside the church to avoid the poor air quality. I love that we can run laps inside VBC! Personally, I attend VBC as a Christian, and then have the fortunate opportunity to run my fitness business there and utilize the space to run boot camps! How awesome is that!?
For the 6th Challenge, I think I was a little over zealous and made the Challenge slightly longer than it should have been! Sometimes when I’m planning my work outs, I get very excited about a sequence and lose track of time 🙂
So, the 7am crew finished all around the same time because of the length of class. They were sweaty and tired, but they did it!
Congrats to Kathy Schalin, Joanne Vieira, and Bernadette Calvo!
For the 8:05am crew, Kathleen Jacobs and Vanessa Perez tied for 1st place. Lynnda Philbrook came in 2nd and Wendy McHugh came in 3rd!
Honorable mention goes to Christy Stevens, Lisa Williams, and Jocelyn Lai – ( a first timer! Way to go Jocelyn!)
Weight Loss Challenge – Lynnda Philbrook lost 5lbs and 3 inches around her waist! Lynnda wins a $60 class card!
Fitness Tests for Challenge:
Davies’ Tests Overall Improvement
1st place – Joanne Vieira 52 to 117 = 65
2nd place – Lynnda Philbrook 58 to 98 = 40
3rd place – Lisa Williams 52 to 89 = 37
Honorable Mention: Bernadette Calvo 90 to 112 = 22, Christy Stevens 111 to 124 = 13, Pete Calvo 80 to 93 = 13,
Sit-ups Overall Improvement
1st place tie – Lisa Williams & Lynnda Philbrook improved by 3
1st place – Bernadette Calvo 28 to 53 on toes & 19knees to 30 knees = difference of 25 on toes and 11 on knees!
2nd place – Joanne Vieira 62 to 78 on toes = difference of 16
3rd place – Christi Stevenson 22 to 35 on toes = difference of 8
Honorable Mention: Vanessa Perez improved by 5
Congratulations to everyone who made it out to participate in the 6 week Fitness and Nutrition Challenge! I’m proud of you guys and can see that many of you improved over the last six weeks! Well done everyone! Now let’s keep the momentum going through the holidays so we can feel amazing and empowered!
Announcements and Reminders:
1. Cardio Core is at Jen’s Studio Tuesday night! Please let me know if you’d like to sign up for classes on Tuesday night. 5:45pm to 6:45pm 60 minutes, 6:55pm to 7:25pm 30 minutes, 7:35pm to 8:05pm 30 minutes
PLEASE NOTE: Due to changing temperatures and poor air quality, class will be held inside studio. I can only teach a maximum of 6 clients per class. I will send out the roster tomorrow with the client lists. Remember, I have three classes and can accommodate up to 18 people, but have to limit six per class due to space.
2. Cardio Fusion is at Jen’s Studio Thursday night! VBC is doing a Thanksgiving banquet on Thursday night, so you can sign up for either a 5:45pm to 6:45pm class or 6:55pm to 7:25pm class.
3. Thanksgiving Boot Camp is Thursday, November 22nd from 7:30am to 8:30am! Come out and bring your family with you to kick off Turkey Day so you can get an awesome calorie burn heading into the big feast! Come ready some corny Thanksgiving jokes, make a “fitness meal” of Thanksgiving favorites, and have some fun working up a sweat and building muscle together! 30 minute clients are welcome too!
4. Thankfulness Boot Camp is Saturday, November 24th! On the heels of Thanksgiving, let’s keep counting those blessings and mix this theme into an awesome boot camp to kick off the holidays! 7am and 8:05am classes available!
5. The Pumpkin Breakfast Bars I shared on Saturday morning are posted on my recipes page! Check it out!
Thought for the week: Struggling to Get Your Greens In?
Come on admit it. Sometimes it’s hard to get our greens in right? I recently tried Amazing Grass detox and antioxidant blend at Sprouts. It’s super easy to use. Get a glass of water and dump a scoop in and stir. Simply drink it down! It actually tastes fairly mild and kind of grassy. The picture above is actually from Costco and is similar to what I purchased at Sprouts, except that this is $5.47 at Costco for 30 servings. The container I purchased at Sprouts was around $32 for around 30 servings! The ingredients are almost identical and from the same company. There are probiotics in this product, and a combination of different grass and green blends, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Is it the absolute best product on the market for super greens? I’m not sure about that based on the reviews, but the reviews I did read said that you can’t beat the price and the quality of ingredients to make life a little simpler in downing your greens. So gang, check it out, head to Costco, and pick up a box of grab and go greens!
See you in class soon!