MMB – Boot Camp Homework
Happy Monday to you! Did you have an awesome weekend? I hope you are walking into your Monday rejuvenated, refreshed, and ready to take life on! Excellent work by everyone who was able to make it out to classes this past week. This past weekend was special because it was the St. Patrick’s Day Boot Camp on Saturday and Running Boot Camp on Sunday! Joanne Vieira, Ken Vieira, and Paula Allen deserve special recognition for making it out to both! Way to go guys!
Erin and Brian Campbell won the costume contest for most spirited on Saturday! Check out their photo. Gotta love the socks!
Announcements and Reminders:
- March Contest – Liquid Green = Liquid Life is still going on. Continue to log your green juices and smoothies and let’s find out who is consuming the most greens out there! Winner receives a $60 class card.
- NO BOOT CAMP ON SATURDAY! As a reminder, I’ll be away at my fitness conference. I have a work out listed below that you can use on Saturday to fill in for Boot Camp. Grab a friend and do the work out together! I’d love to hear how you did 🙂
- Next Running Boot Camp is April 9th at 11am. Meet at Jen’s house for an awesome 60 minute class incorporating running with strength and core! Beginner runners are welcomed. Drop in cost $15
- Spring Fitness Challenge begins on April 1st! It’s time for our spring fitness challenge where you’ll go through a variety of fitness tests for six weeks in order to measure your progress and improvement over six weeks. For every boot camp, the first 30 minutes are focused on fitness tests that are recorded. The second 30 minutes will be be a variety of boot camp style drills that will tax your body and leave you dripping wet and fired up!
Thought for the week: Boot Camp Homework
O.k. guys, so here is a work out you can substitute for Boot Camp Class this coming Saturday. I’m bummed I won’t be with you guys, but I gotta take care of business and be totally immersed at my fitness conference so I can bring back some of the latest stuff out there in the industry for you guys!
You’ll need the following for this work out: Medium to Heavy Dumb Bells and a Medicine Ball. Towel, water, and a “can-do” mind set!
Here’s what I’d like you to do:
- 5 minute warm-up with dynamic stretches: Jog for 30 seconds, back stretches, runner’s stretch, side reaches, straight leg kicks, inch worms, prisoner squats with rotation, push-ups.
- Light run for 5 minutes.
- Circuit #1: 20 squats with MB front raises, 20 lateral lunges alternating with MB OH rotations, 20 Burpees. Repeat.
- Circuit #2: Cardio Drills between cones- 2 High Knees & Kick Butts, 2 Lateral Shuffles, 2 Gorilla Runs, 2 Carioca
- Circuit #3: 10 Walking lunges with MB rotation over the leg in front. Do 20 Jacks, 20 Jack Squats, and 20 Jack Burpees. Repeat.
- Circuit #4: 4 Jog Sprints (For measurement, jog about 30 seconds worth and then sprint back to start)
- Circuit #5: 10 Renegade Rows with Dumb Bells, 30 seconds Mountain Climbers, 10 Renegade Rows with push-up added, 30 seconds Mountain Climbers, 10 Renegade Rows with Bicep Curls and OH Press added.
- Circuit #6: Tabata – 20 seconds of Lateral Leaps, 10 sec. rest, repeat. 20 seconds of Lunge Plyos, 10 sec. rest. Repeat. 20 seconds of Sumo Squat Jumps, 10 sec. rest, repeat. 20 seconds of Ski Jumps, 10 sec. rest, repeat. Done with Tabata!
- Circuit #7: Russian Twists on floor with MB 20x’s. 20 MB Push-up Passes. Repeat.
- Circuit #8: Jen Jolt: 50 Jacks, 40 Jump Ropes, 30 Jump Squats, 20 Push-ups, 10 Mountain Climbers.
- Circuit #9: Core: 30 sec each of following: Plank, Side Planks, Iron Man’s, Floor Bridges.
- Circuit #10: Stretch: Iso Runner’s stretch, calves, quads, back stretches, sumo squat hold push knees out, cat/cow’s, praying child.
You did it! Let me know how you did! I’d love to hear from you guys 🙂 Take a picture and text it to me for next Monday’s blog!
See you in class this week!
Trackback from your site.